Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ratrace.

Why am I still running?
Why do I even try?
Why do I hope...
for nothing in the skies?

My friend,
there is no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.
You've known it for so long now.
There is nothing that awaits you.
It is long gone.
Was it even there in the first place?
Is the reward really that great?
Why do you try so hard.

Just on a whim I am moving,
forward to wherever my feet takes me.
I'll walk and walk,
Until the day my body
Can no longer bear.

The irony of life.
We build, but we destroy.
We hope, but we crush.
We praise, and yet we curse.
We hit, but it is not our fault.
We run, to an empty cave.
So tell me, why do you still run this ratrace?

I do not know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment