Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas mu-si-cal!

ok. I better start blogging on christmas musical b4 I forget!

This would be divided into 2 segments.


Day One (24 Dec)

After getting my lazy butt out of the couch/sofa (my mum, dad, bro, uncle, aunt, cousins and grandpa occupied all the rooms in the house. so yeah.) I got ready and changed into my white shirt and black pants, ate some sausages and got in the car for another short nap :) We reached the NUS UCC at around 8+ AM cause my bro had to setup his guitar and stuffs and dad was setting up his sax too. So after walking around for about a minute at the humongous giant unbelievable backstage, we realised we had to get our tags or whatever you call it.



I like how it says ARTISTE. Makes me sound like some actor or smth. lol.

So anw, after signing the paper and getting the tag, my mum and I headed towards the dressing rooms! Seeing that there are SO MANY women and so few men, there were 2 bigger dressing rooms for ladies and 1 smaller one for the men :( Seeing that I was there so damn early. I was the only male singer there :( while there were a few women ones alr there. As I opened the door to dressing room 07 which would be full of nonsense later on, it was pitch black inside. So yeah.

I went in to put some stuff in the cupboard. A while later there was a knock on the door. And lo and behold, aunty alice was holding 3 bottles of pei pa kao! Awesome stuff! So I put it on the dressing table and quickly grabbed one of the spoons she gave and delighted in a spoonful of daniel's favorite food.




After messing around with the small lightbulbs near the mirrors, I was getting super bored cause there was absolutely NO ONE. <=( After moping around and opening the door several times, I decided to go up to backstage to stone. As I went up, I found bong and daniel acting like two japanese tourists bathed in awe at the UBER BIG backstage. lol. Daniel was on the brink of rolling from one end of the stage to the other. lol. super retarded.

Ok so after getting amused by how bong and daniel were reacting to the backstage's size, I sat at the stall/foyer seats for a while and then headed back to the dressing room with bong and daniel. What happened after that was pure nonsense. We were like playing with all the lights in the dressing room like some wild people and we were amazed by how dark it is when all the lights were off. Then got one time when bong switch off the lights and switched it back on, daniel went missing. Then suddenly, he pop out of the cupboard! LOL!

Ok so after some other lame stupid nonsense, we went to sing a couple of songs to practice. Since it was a full-dress rehearsal, we had a break. So me, daniel and bong went to explore the whole UCC!

After going down the stairs and pass the dressing room, daniel suddenly took his wallet and pretended to be some jamesbond/timecrisis/ mattparkman guy. LOL retarded! So I too took out my phone and joined him! Bong did so too moments later. After slamming a toilet door, going through what looked like a haunted hospital you see in games and running away from a staff worker, we went to the 3rd floor to try going to the 3rd level circle seats. Then at one point daniel was pointing his wallet at random things but when he turned to the right he put it down. Cause there was a receiptionist! LOL! Then we laughed like crazy and eventually went back down to the stage. Then we walked around the seats and I found this...




lol. GG. ok so we decided to go backstage cause all the doors were locked and we couldnt go elsewhere. Wah, then lucky man. We made it in time for the next song! Phew.

FAST FORWARD to lunch.

Lunch was another retarded time. All the stupid jokes like changkat changi's IP program and other schools' mottos. lol. You had to be there to experience the crazy fun we had.

Ok so after somemore practices, the real thing came. It was mighty fine, I would say!
After listening to yufei/norman/jiahao/nicholas' "rapping", charmaine's stuttering, luzerne's emoing, and me + a few people jumping around trying to act like disco-goers, it ended and we called it a day.

:)


Day Two (25 Dec)


There isn't much to say abt day two because the musical was in the morning instead of at night. Anw, by the time I reached UCC there were alr a few people :) And so we crapped about some stuff and did some blah blah stuff that would probably not interest you.

FAST FORWARD to "The Greatest Love"

Ok so the conductor, melvin, and some other people wanted to practice more of "The Greatest Love" with the 20 randomly-selected-people-that-contains-mostly-yoUth. Its pretty hard singing the bass part cause of all the other parts blasting into your ear. PLUS, bass parts are kinda soft cause its so low. AND the tenors kept blasting their voices too :(

After many times of going thru the song, we were rearranged in a position where we were to face each other. And heck, I almost laughed during the musical itself. Thank God I didn't :)

FAST FORWARD to "THE END"

After listening to yufei's/norman's/jiahao's/nicholas' "rapping", charmaine's stuttering, luzerne's emoing, me + a few people jumping around trying to act like disco-goers AND singing "so turn to him" over and over and over, it was over. Months of practicing just for these two days. Really thank God for showing himself strong and working in the hearts of many :) PRAISE THE LORD.



So yeah, that concludes the Christmas musical-of-the-year!



On a random note,
Daniel didn't share the subway he got from guo hong with us :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment